Packing up and moving house is not an easy task. There is so much to think about. What will you be bringing to your new home and how you will get all your belongings to a new destination?
Choosing the best moving company is vital. If you don’t it will make the experience more stressful than it has to be. The problems that can arise can be small such as a broken vase or way bigger such as losing all your goods. That is why we have put together some of the most common things that can go wrong and how the best moving company in London can help you avoid them.
- Extra services and charges – If you need furniture taking down or you need packing materials you may have an extra charge. To avoid any surprises of having to pay extra you should be clear on what you need. At The Nations Movers, we make this easy for you by having different options available.
- Scams – Many movers have unfortunately been the victims of scams. From stealing money, the odd item or even taking every single thing in the van, the schemes can be convincing. That is why you need to take extra care when choosing your removal team. Look for a professional website, reviews, social media, and make sure you ask plenty of questions. You need a company you can trust.
- Having no choice – Make sure that you hire a packing and moving service with plenty of notice. To get the dates and times you need; you should book in advance. By giving yourself plenty of time you can have a choice, instead of choosing the only one available.
- Charges for extra items – If you discover that you have a few more items than originally expected you should be aware that you can be charged extra for this. With The Nations Movers, we will provide an extra 2 cubic meters for free but any more than that and there will be a charge. We like to help our customers and be transparent about any charges.
- Delays – You should confirm the times and dates with the company to ensure that everyone is clear about the schedule. If the removal team is held up and is late you shouldn’t be charged for the delay. If you can, provide any information about the journey such as roadworks or heavy traffic times.
- Hourly costs – It is important to know whether you are being charged by the hour or a fixed price. If hourly, unexpected costs can arise. What if there is traffic? Will mistakes be made because the removal team is under the pressure of time? So, you should consider whether you choose a fixed charge or hourly. We provide fixed prices so you can be confident with the service you have paid for.
We want to make sure that your moving experience is as efficient, hassle-free, and as cost-effective as possible. Follow these tips and things will run a lot smoother. If you have any questions or would like a quote from the best moving company in London then get in touch.